Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Monday, August 3, 2009

No Nap Kids + Restaurant = YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER STUPID!




This lesson: After quite a few successful outings with both of my kids (well, successful on their part, other people tried to ruin them, just not my kids), they were finally "those kids" at a restaurant yesterday.

What did I learn?

  • A good server can sense when drinks get spilled and magically appear with new drinks and lots of towels. Thanks Ariel!
  • Sometimes, when the drinks get spilled, it's Dada's fault. Sorry I blamed it on you ScapeGoatGirl.
  • My son likes cheese ravioli. Just not enough to stop him from screeching like a spider monkey on crack.
  • A plastic straw can stab through Styrofoam, thus leaking chocolate milk all over the table. This time it was your fault, ScapeGoatGirl.
  • It only takes 5 seconds for a good server to sense that things have gone from bad to worse at your table and to stop by with an offer -- that I'm sure also doubled as a demand from the kitchen staff (we were seated right next to the open kitchen) -- to box the food up so we could get the hell out. Again, thanks Ariel. I hope my husband tipped you well.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: