Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Friday, August 7, 2009

3-Year Old + Cupcakes = Chocolate Explosion




Today's lesson: I suck at making cupcakes. The only person who sucks worse than me at making cupcakes is my 3-year old daughter. We made cupcakes together.

What did I learn?

  • Don't put the first dozen cupcakes in the oven before pouring the second dozen. All that left over batter was supposed to go in the first batch. Congratulations, we now have baby cakes.
  • Timers. Timers are nice for timing how long the cupcakes have been in the oven. I should remember that for next time.
  • When I put the cooling racks on the counter I really should push them back out of my daughter's reach. Especially when they have cupcakes on 'em.
  • When I ask my daughter to help me frost, I should be more specific about the frosting to cupcake ratio. We got either a little frosting with the cupcake or a little cupcake with the frosting.
  • According to the kid, when she's done licking the whisk, it goes back in drawer with all the clean dishes.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: