Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Full Moon + Triple-Digit Heat = Stupid People




This lesson: I don't know what was happening yesterday at work, but I was blessed with the privilege of being present for some of the dumbest things I've ever heard people utter in my life.

What did I learn?

  • If we ask customers to identify themselves, it's only because our "office is small." Yep, if we had another 500 sq. ft. of space, we would know who you were. Brilliant idea.
  • Receipts are for the "anal." We require receipts for some of our services because, as a company that deals in finances, we don't guess at dollar figures. That's what you pay us for, dork. So when you call us "anal" because we won't take your word that one of your items was for "about" $3.95, excuse me while I still insist on the receipt.
  • Student ID that expired 18 years ago is "good enough for the police." I would love to watch that play out. I really would.
  • "The credit card company lowered my spending limit. I'll show them, I just won't pay them." Direct quote. I'm interested to know if that pays off.
  • It's not legal to charge fees. That's right. Any business who charges for services rendered is doing so illegally according to this guy. Let's shut 'em all down!


"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: