Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation - Plans < Vacation + Plans



Today's Lesson: It always sounds wonderful not to have any scheduled activities for my vacation time from work. My work day is just so regimented and I'm just not naturally a person who takes to structure. Having some goals, though, is a good thing. Otherwise, I'm sitting on my ass all day watching everything we own pile up all around me.

What did I learn (so far)?


  • If I litter the floor with the kids' water sippies, they will just randomly walk by and drink from them when they're thirsty.

  • My living room rug smells like ass, feet and vomit. It's 6-inch shag. I'm not sure how to clean that.

  • My kids are content to play all day so long as I don't get up to try to do something. If I do, then they want or need my attention.

  • I actually own Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans. How long has that been there?

  • If you Google "things you need to know" you get "50 Things You Need To Know By 50". It includes such pearls as: Do the dishes naked. Growing your sideburns a 1/2 inch longer will make you look slimmer. You are not going to win the lottery. If someone says "Smell this," don't.


"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: