Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Broken Machinery + Repairmen + Me = A Long Week




This week's lesson: Stupid cheap machines are always breaking down at work. One in particular this last week. This is a big part of the reason why I'm brain dead.

What did I learn?

  • No matter how many times I tell my staff how to call for service - and how many times I write it down everywhere - the information mysteriously vanishes and it's up to me to save the day.
  • If the repairman turns the machine off, then turns it back on again, doesn't test it, proudly proclaims, "Well, it's fixed!" before he runs out the door.... then I should just go ahead and call for the next repair before he hits his truck. It'll save some time and aggravation.
  • The repairmen can only come either during my lunch or at 10 minutes to closing time.
  • If a repairman gives you his business card just throw it in the trash. You have to call the Service Department anyway, so what good is it to have a card?
  • If the machine in question has looked exactly the same every day for the last 6 years, then all of a sudden something is wrong, the problem has to do with the part that looks different. Well, in all fairness, I knew that right away. It took the repair guy 1 & 1/2 hours and a consultation to figure it out. Don't argue with me buddy. I might not have gone to machine repair school, but I have eyes and a brain. Sometimes they like to coordinate.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

1 comments:

Yodi Insigne said...

Yes, Never ever disagree with the repairman, especially if its too technical machinery stuff - I learned this lesson too with our unreliable office copier.
Have a nice day!