Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Friday, August 28, 2009

Dentist - Sadism = Human Being



Today's lesson:  I really hate going to the dentist.  I've been putting off my cleanings and exams for longer than I'd like to admit.  My teeth are really not in bad shape in spite of this, but I did have a broken tooth (resulting from my last dentist) and needed a crown.  Today was the build-up and temporary.
What did I learn?

  • My mouth is "teeny-tiny" it took them 15 minutes to find a tray that fit.  They referred to it as "the baby tray".  (Try telling that to my husband.  He thinks I have a big, fat mouth.)
  • When I smile, I show most of my teeth.  You have no idea how self-conscious I am now.
  • I had a habit of running my tongue over the broken tooth.  Wow.  I'm really creeped out by the fact that I had a quirk - potentially for years - and had no idea.
  • The assistant who worked with me has had more dental work done than I have.  I'm not sure how to feel about that.
  • My dentist is a great guy.  He actually called me at the end of his day to make sure I was doing fine.  Now, I'm a patient for life.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: