Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sudden Illness - Ability To Keep It To Myself = Instant Hypochondriac Pity Party For Coworkers


The Lesson: I haven't been feeling well for a while now. Just a sore throat, not anything real serious. Then today after lunch:

I don't know if it's the cold or a sinus infection, but all of a sudden I felt like I was made of lead weights. My throat flared up full-force. My nasal passages have that weird dry-but-full feeling and my head and eyes ache.

No sooner had I gotten past the denial stage, then I did something terribly dumb: I mentioned it out loud. Cue the old man and the Munchausen lady.


What did I learn?
  • Viruses can be verbally transmitted.
  • Everyone else's sickness is somehow worse than mine. Even though they were just fine 5 minutes ago.
  • Fake sickness is far more dibilitating than real sickness. Within 2 hours, they were carrying on like they were barely conscious and they went home early.
  • Leftover pizza does not go over well with a sore throat.
  • When I'm too tired to get up and find the remote, my 3 year old will watch Family Guy. "Mama, where puppy go?" Well, they threw the puppy out of the window and shot it....
"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: