Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blog Templates = All Day Insanity


Trying to find a template for this blog took all damn day. The one I settled on isn't my first choice. My second choice. My 43rd choice. It was the first one that worked all day. Except those crazy buttons at the top. I don't know what they're supposed to do.

What did I learn?

  • The more elegant the format, the more bugs it has.
  • Most blog templates have fixed features that you don't want. And they're in Spanish.
  • In order to uncover most of the bugs in the template, you have to add the gadgets you want. It's about an extra 1/2 hour of work to find out that your stuff overlaps ... that is, if it show up at all.
  • I was about 2 failed templates away from sporting a Hello Kitty theme.
  • Read all the comments before downloading the template. This will save you a lot of grief.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

0 comments: