Have you ever wondered why truth is stranger than fiction? This, and many other topics will never be explored here. You will mostly find half-assed posts about crap I've thought about for 2 seconds. (I really need to work on my promotion skills.)

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'll Shoot Your Eye Out

I've never fired a gun in my life until today. It's not that I don't like guns, or that I'm afraid of them; I just have never had a real use for them. Mr. A has been trying to drag me out shooting for years. Today I finally said, "Okaaaaaaay..."

I actually had a lot of fun! Yeah, I'm surprised. What was even more surprising is that I didn't do too bad:


This was my first target.  I actually hit the box that the target was fastened to with an entire clip (oh, no, I hit the target once, nevermind) before I figured out how to aim with the sight.  If that were a burglar, he'd be in pretty bad shape right now.

This was my second target.  Only one of my shots hit the box this time.  I am not so bad for a first-timer.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

3 comments:

Launa said...

My hubby and I like to go shooting. Looks like you did pretty darn good... and if you had a bugler in the house you would of at least scared the sh-- out of him and made him get out asap!!

drollgirl said...

i have never shot a gun! i would love to try it someday, hopefully with my next love interest. lol. that sounds wrong -- i just mean if he is into shooting and wants to take me along.

Awesomeness said...

I liked it a lot more than I though I would. We haven't gone in a little while, but I did get to shoot a good variety of things.

It was kind of comforting to know that, if I needed to, I could shoot my way out of a paper bag. :D